Sunday, November 24, 2013

Can Anybody Say, "WOW!?"

WOW! Ok, so what happened today was pretty cool and unexpected.  Today at church they showed the interview that we did with Matt McGuire.  Last night there weren't that many kids but there was one kid that came right up and gave us a quarter.  That was actually pretty sweet.  So today when we went there were a LOT MORE KIDS!  They showed the interview and Matt prayed and then after we got off the stage about 20 - 30 people came out to get our flyers about how to be on the Number One Team.

Then, I went to my small group time, like I do every Sunday.  A few weeks ago Johnny Mac (which he is the top leader of our junior high) had combined his group with our group to make one big group.    So we are now all in one big room and there are four separate 8th grade youth groups.  Johnny Mac asked if I would like to answer questions that anyone in our group had; which I did.  Then my original youth group leader asked me what I thought was a good amount for us to set as a goal to raise as a group.  I said that I thought around $350 would be good.  He said, "I think we could raise $1,000"!  Then Johnny Mac said, "Yeah, what if we challenge all four groups to raise that much before Christmas break!"  (The plan will be that the week that Christmas break starts they will give a party to which ever group raises the highest amount of money!!!)  So then, Johnny Mac said to the whole group, "Hey, gather around, we are having a group meeting right now!  On the week of Christmas break I want to give Gabe a check for four thousand dollars for the hospital project!"

Then all of the groups went back to their spots to plan out how they will win!  I personally think my group will win but then again, another group might prove me wrong, which would be great!  No matter what it is SO COOL THAT THIS IS HAPPENING!!  And if you are reading this because you want to get involved, you can definitely be a NUMBER ONE TEAM MATE!  Just ask 35 friends to give you $10.00 or 10 friends to give you $35.00 and there you go, you will have raised $350!  You can donate right here by clicking on the green donate button.  DON'T FORGET to ask your parents to click the button that says, "Check to see if you work for a matching gift company" and what that does is it will double your money if they are a matching gift company!  And seriously, ANYTHING that you raise will be awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment